Monday, February 23, 2009

Over scheduled and under slept...


Do you ever plan and plot to fit everything in and then realize that you've overcommitted to a bazillion things you need, want, and just might crave all in the same small window of time? Yep, I'm an idiot. I leave for a roommate reunion in 8 days. I need to pack the remainder of my things (I'm estimating an additional 10+ solid hours of work to go on that front)so that I can move 4 days after I get back. I'm committed to house sit for 4 of my remaining days before vacation. I'm supposed to go to dinner tonight with friends, I have a date for Lost watching on Wednesday, bowling and Joe's on Friday, and another dinner with different friends on Saturday. I need to buy/make a baby gift before I leave and ... these were all, at one point, all commitments of MY CHOICE. Throw in that I can't sleep lately and I feel stessed and have absolutely no one to blame but myself. Grrr. Active social life? check. More active than I've ever had in my life? check. Needing to find a better balance? double check. Wishing I could still pull all nighters like I did as a freshman in college? triple check. Like I said, I'm an idiot.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love it--you are posting! I must shout my excitement to the world! From the top of someplace very high!
P.S. - You know, I'm a good packer. And I promise to resist the urge to steal all your cool stuff. Let me know when you want me to help.