Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kayaking...Again....Again


I went kayaking on the 3rd to kick off my holiday weekend and loved it as usual...but! I've never ended up in the water so much. I was with the same group of friends that go every year and I don't know what the heck happened, but canoes were swamped 5 times in 7 miles. First one, totally poor planning, two tallest guys, the heaviest cooler and what does that spell? A swamped canoe 60 feet from the dock at the beggining of the trip. 2nd one? same two guys...3rd one? same two guys in rapids...at which point I gave up my kayak to the guy of the pair I thought was the likely 'canoe swamping culprit'....lol, wrong. 4th one? the girls swamped their in the same rapids. 5th one? Me and 6'3" guy who likes to talk with his hands. Ah, so we have a winner! It was really fun and I needed to cool off anyway. I was sad to loose my sunglasses, but he lost his perscription glasses so I didn't think I could really complain. I wish I lived on/in/by/adjacent to that river. My first major of three was recreation management if that tells you just how much I love this kind of thing, but since I would potentially have graduated with a degree and have been gainfully employed as a river guide at $10/hr for the forseeable future I decided to try something else. It still sounds like a fun life though. :)

No comments: