Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter!


(I just discoved that Blogger does drafts....so those posts that I started, got distracted durning, and thought I lost...are still here! So this one is a little late...) So I got to give a talk in sacrament meeting on Easter Sunday. I'd like to point out that in a small congregation, passing the sacrament is a 7 minute deal. Branch business announcements? There were none. I was the first speaker of two and we had 45 minutes to fill...um, color me intimidated. Honestly, though, I don't HATE speaking. I spend more time when preparing a lesson or talk, in my scriptures than I commonly might in a week. It's lucky for me lately, that I teach women on Sunday 1 to 2 times a month. I learn with more depth than I might normally. I really have to review what I believe and what I practice. Sometimes they're not so similar. I've made more adjustments in this area of my life in the last 6 months than I think I've made in the last 4 years. There are lessons that I really feel were meant just for me, let alone the women I teach. I wonder lately what kind of woman I would have been had my life fallen out like I'd intended as a teenager. Would I feel the empathy that I do? Would I be as confident in my own path as I am? Would I have learned to stand up and be counted for what I believe? In business or personal matters? I was considering the other day that my Mom used to refer to me as 'shy'. LOL, I think somewhere in college I got over it. I still blush or ...rottenly...tear up at the drop of a hat (which is why I don't like the click flinks) but I can also almost always find something to talk about. I have so much random knowledge stuffed into my head that it should be used by SOMEBODY.

No comments: