Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Priorities


So I haven’t had the best month. Sometimes you look around and realize that life can get harder, quite a bit faster than you ever thought possible. This month, it hasn’t even been my life, it’s been everyone else’s. I cry for them and I want to make things easier. I want to smooth their path. I want to shoulder some of the grief. I didn’t always, but usually I can look around and tell myself, “Well, I can’t fix that, but I can do this…” Lately, the obstacles have been life changers. How can you ‘fix’ something that’s looks so shattered? That it isn’t just going to be hard now, it’s going to be harder forever. My solution to date, be there. Let them know that you know. Let them know you can, if nothing else, listen. I don’t have a lot of concrete obligations with my time. I have a job, but it’s not my life. I have a life, but it’s not my everything. I caught myself thinking last week, “What wouldn’t I give up, to fix this?” Would I drop everything and move across the country? Yes. Would I get tested and go on the donor registration? Yes. Would I sell all I own, (sadly this one took a little longer, but…) Yes. What wouldn’t I give up to save someone I love from hurt? Very little. My integrity, my faith, and my hope are mine, but you can have my time, my focus, and my skills. Just ask.

2 comments:

Jandel said...

You are a really nice person, you know that?

Mom E. said...

Love and hugs to you, Lissa Lou....I wish you still lived in the house across the road from me....life was simpler when you were there ....and only 2 years old!
I'm so glad we are attached, by choice as well as by genetics! You are beautiful and we love your love for us....
Hugs and kisses,
Lanette and family